What Asian Handicap means: rule of calculation, examples of bets and comparison with the usual handicap
Asian Handicap is an equal bet on two adjacent regular handicaps. But such a rate can provide more profit. In this article, we will analyze the rules for calculating the Asian handicap, consider examples and show when a bet on it is more profitable than normal handicap.
This article was published thanks to the"Excelbetting.com" Betting Software Analysis Study sports betting, take tests, earn experience and beat the leaderboard. Outrun the editor-in-chief!
What is Asian Handicap Betting
The handicap is the number by which the score of a team or athlete is increased. This can be the number of goals, points, pucks, and so on.
Handicap is also called a handicap. You can bet on the handicap on the result of the match or on the playing segment: quarter, period, set, half and others.
The Asian handicap is indicated by the letter F, the team / athlete number and a quarter decimal. For example, H1 (+0.75), F2 (-1.25).
The amount for this type of bet is divided into two equal parts between adjacent handicaps with a step of 0.5. For example, 1000 rubles for F2 (+3.25) is 500 rubles for F2 (+3) and for F2 (+3.5).
The calculation is done for each half. The bet wins if, after adding the handicap, the score is in favor of the selected side. In case of a tie, there will be a refund.
When betting on the Asian handicap, there are three options.
- Win on both halves.
- Returns and visits or returns and losses.
- Loss for the full amount.
Asian Handicap Betting Examples
Let's imagine that you made a bet on Home (+1.25) in the amount of 2000 rubles in the Arsenal - Spartak match with the odds of 1.26. Then 1000 rubles each went to F1 (+1) and F1 (+1.5). We evaluate the options.
- If the home team wins or draws, both halves will play. You will receive 2520 rubles: 2000 x 1.26.
- If the visiting team wins with a difference of one goal, the first half of the bet will be refunded, and the second half will be won. The payment will be 2260 rubles: 1000 x 1.00 + 1000 x 1.26.
- If the home team lost with a difference of two goals or more, then the Asian handicap with a handicap (+1.25) did not go completely to the home team.
Let's look at another example. You bet 1000 rubles on Away (-1.25) in the match "Orenburg" - "Krasnodar" for the odds of 3.48. 500 rubles each go to F2 (-1) and F2 (-1.5). Such a calculation is possible.
- If the guests win by two goals or more, the entire bet wins. You will receive 3480 rubles: 1000 x 3.48.
- If Krasnodar wins with a difference of one goal in the first half of the bet, the bet will be refunded, and the second part will not go. The payment will be 500 rubles: 500 x 1.00.
- If Orenburg wins and draws, the bet will lose completely.
Comparison between Asian Handicap and Handicap Betting
Let's imagine that in the match RB Leipzig - Hertha you made three bets of 1000 rubles: F1 (-2) for 2.54 odds, F1 (-2.25) for 2.83 and F1 (-2.5) for 3.10.
|Result||Payment by F1 (-2)||H1 payout (-2.25)||H1 payout (-2.5)|
|Away win, draw or home win by one goal||0||0||0|
|RB Leipzig win by two goals||1000||500||0|
|RB Leipzig win by three or more goals||2540||2830||3100|
The table shows the pros and cons of betting on Asian handicap versus the usual handicap. If the home team wins by two goals, F1 (-2.25) is more profitable than F1 (-2.5), but worse than F1 (-2). When RB Leipzig wins by three goals or more, the opposite is true.
In fact, a bet on an Asian handicap is two bets on adjacent handicaps. But is there a difference in money between such elections?
It can be tiny in either direction. In our example, you bet 1000 rubles on F1 (-2.25) for 2.83. If you had immediately bet 500 rubles on F1 (-2) for 2.54 and on F1 (-2.5) for 3.10, the result would be the following:
the same 500 rubles if the hosts won by two goals: 500 x 1.00. If RB Leipzig wins on a ball or more, the payment will be 2820 rubles: 500 x 2.54 + 500 x 3.10. And with F1 (-2.25), the same outcome will bring 2830 rubles.
In this example, H1 (-2.25) turned out to be more profitable, but it also happens vice versa. The difference of 10 rubles is only 1% of the bet amount of 1000 rubles. However, even such trifles are important at a distance.