Sports Betting Books: Bookmaker Secrets & Strategy Guides From The Pros
Sports betting books help gamblers understand the world of gambling. You become familiar with terms, study strategies, analyze other people's mistakes and understand the principles of money management. We talk about world classics and Russian publications.
This article was published thanks to the"Excelbetting.com" Betting Software Analysis Study sports betting, take tests, earn experience and beat the leaderboard. Outrun the editor-in-chief!
Why read books on sports betting
Expert opinions, useful advice, systematized knowledge and simply biographies of people who have experience in gambling can help:
- understand the internal mechanisms of bookmaking;
- choose a game strategy based on a specific mathematical model;
- learn how to properly manage monetary resources;
- to increase the level of analytical skills required for sports forecasting;
- figure out how psychologically ready you are to play the bets.
Sports Betting Secrets: Best Secrets of sports betting from professionals for beginners: how to choose the right strategy
Top 10 books on sports betting
There are a lot of books on sports betting today. Our top contains the most popular works and interesting novelties.
- "The Professional Player" by George Miller. The author is a legend in the world of betting. Miller has achieved real success in betting. You will not find any specific secrets here, because the text is a classic, disassembled into quotes. But we give the first place to the classics of success.
- Trading Bases: Wall Street, Gambling, and Baseball by Joe Peta. The biography and betting method of this person is interesting due to the fact that he came to betting from Wall Street. The book outlined the principles of the stock exchange game, successfully applied in baseball betting. But the described techniques are suitable for many other species as well.
- "Fooled by randomness" by Nassim Taleb. In this book, the secrets of sports betting are revealed not from the point of view of a successful player, but from the position of a professor-mathematician. There is a lot of skepticism in it about the established opinions about betting. The book teaches you to pay attention to what is really important and brush aside irrelevant accidents.
- "Footballomatics" by David Sumter. The book appeared in Russian only in 2019. The author explains in simple language how statistical data are used in modern mathematical models in football. They help the leading clubs choose the strategy of the game, train athletes, and make money for bookmakers. But this math can also be useful for professional bettors when making predictions for sports.
- The Art of Sports Betting by Stephen Harris, Joachim Marnitz, Andrew Broker. The book is a detailed guide to numerous sports betting strategies. The popularity among Russian-speaking readers is explained by the fact that this is one of the first translated publications on this topic.
- Signal and Noise by Nate Silver. A classic text about the art of high-quality application of information. If you sift out all the unnecessary and focus on the acting factors, you can really achieve success in any area. The book contains good advice for more than just how to bet on sports events.
- The Betting Principle by Annie Duke. The author has achieved great success in poker tournaments and as an exchange analyst. But the book is not about how to make money from the game. The text transfers the playful principle of uncertainty to the life of a modern person. The book is interesting from an applied, psychological and philosophical point of view.
- "Sport and Money" by Maxim Pokrovsky. We will single out the last three positions for Russian-speaking authors. This text is one of the first on the topic of betting written by a Russian expert. It is difficult to find something new in it, but at one time it was a useful and informative tool.
- "Profitable Tennis" by Andrey Plakhov. Russian tennis fans consider the text to be encyclopedic. It examines the most different aspects of this game.
- “Place the Bets That Make Money” by Alexey Shalin. In the book, the author analyzes in detail sports betting strategies. This is the main advantage of the edition, which came out in 2019. There are no special secrets and new features here. Text is a detailed bookmaker's guide for beginners.
Sports betting symbols: Sports bookmaker symbols: explanation of the main types and types of bets
For a player who places bets on a regular basis, the expert opinions of the listed authors will not be superfluous. But treat every book on sports betting as an auxiliary, educational material, and not a direct instruction to action.
Check out some of our Best Betting Spreadsheet - Analysis football. They will provide you with detailed analysis of each match with high visibility of the results in each match.